ORIGINALLY CALLED NON HEATED DAOIST YOGA This 60 minute intimate yoga class allows students to get intimate with their feelings emotions, sensations and self. It is a more meditative approach with a physical focus. Long-held floor poses bringing students to a state of mental calmness. By holding the poses for 3-5 minutes students go beneath superficial muscles and target dense connective tissues that are difficult to open.
Our yin practice is gentle, yet intense, helping to cultivate the ability to observe and stay with sensation and open tight areas of the body. Yin is based on myofascial meridians in the body that correspond to the points of acupuncture in Chinese medicine and is a perfect complement to our dynamic and muscular (yang) classes.
- Calming and balancing to the mind and body
- Improving ability to sit in meditation practice
- Balances energy in the body
- Increases mobility all over especially joints and hips
- Lower stress levels
- Greater stamina
- Greater lubrication and protection of joints
- More flexibility
- Release of fascia throughout the body
- Helps with Migraines and TMJ
- Deeper Relaxation
- Helps with anxious feelings and stress
- Inner peace